Gas Problems

Hi, I'm having problems with Gas as
follows:

Note: I'm using .intel_syntax in Gas to process the
output of a compiler I've written (which emits MASM
code, porting it to AT&T syntax is too much of a headache).

Here are some problems I've found:

(1) statements like the following get rejected:
fstp float ptr [eax]
fstp double ptr [eax]
fstp tfloat ptr [eax]

By trial and error I've found appropriate AT&T suffix
that work, but they are inconsistent, especially on the
integer FP instructions.

(2) movq and other MMX ilk that support 64-bit operands
don't allow "qword ptr" ("must have a 64-bit architecture"
or some-such error results).

CMPSD and MOVSD don't assemble (the other string
instructions are fine).

Hope this helps,
Randy Hyde