selective.exp xfails

Hi HJ,

I discovered today that the following changes were made to ld's
selective.exp test case last year:

2001-07-12  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>

	* ld-selective/selective.exp: Mark selective1, selective2,
	selective4 and selective5 xfail on alpha*-*.

2001-06-06  H.J. Lu  <hjl@gnu.org>

	* ld-selective/selective.exp: Mark selective2, selective3,
	selective4 and selective5 xfail on Linux/mips.

I have a couple of questions about these patches:

  + Why are all Alpha targets XFAILed?

  + If the intention is to XFAIL the tests on Linux/mips, why does the
    patch XFAIL "mips*-*"?  There are embedded MIPS targets where this
    test will pass.  Frankly, I wonder how this particular patch was
    accepted into the tree.

  + Why does this test fail specifically on {alpha,mips*}-linux-*
    systems, anyway?  If it fails, it seems to me that it is a genuine
    failure.

Ben