scripting apps with assembly?

hi all,
   I've just joined the list as I'm trying to
get some information together for a project I'm
thinking of.

This will probably sound like a stupid idea at
first but is it _possible_ to write a library
that will allow people to write plug-ins/scripts
in assembly?

much the way gimp can be scripted in perl, could
an app be scripted in assembly?

what would the app have to do to become scriptable
via assembly? (export addresses of variables & functions
or export variable/function labels)?

any information would be appreciated,
Ciaran O'Riordan