Possibly unnecessary differences in messages

Nick,

elf32_arm_copy_private_bfd_data in bfd/elf32-arm.h at line 2161 has this
code:

      /* If the src and dest have different interworking flags
         then turn off the interworking bit.  */
      if ((in_flags & EF_ARM_INTERWORK) != (out_flags & EF_ARM_INTERWORK))
        {
          if (out_flags & EF_ARM_INTERWORK)
            _bfd_error_handler (_("\
Warning: Clearing the interwork flag in %s because non-interworking code in %s has been linked with it"),
                                bfd_get_filename (obfd),
                                bfd_archive_filename (ibfd));

and coff_arm_copy_private_bfd_data in bfd/coff-arm.c at line 2457 has:

          /* If the src and dest have different interworking flags then turn
             off the interworking bit.  */
          if (INTERWORK_FLAG (dest) != INTERWORK_FLAG (src))
            {
              if (INTERWORK_FLAG (dest))
                {
                  /* xgettext:c-format */
                  _bfd_error_handler (("Warning: Clearing the interworking bit of %s, because the non-interworking code in %s has been copied into it"),
                                      bfd_get_filename (dest),
                                      bfd_archive_filename (src));

As far as I can tell (I have nearly no knowledge of ARM), the code does the same
thing and only uses slightly different wording for the message, correct? If
so, the messages should be identical, and the only question would be which
of the two should be used.

BTW, at least the messages dealing with the interwork flag differ slightly between
elf32-arm.h and coff-arm.c. One example is in the above snippets which use
'interworking flag' and 'interwork flag' respectively. I'd also like to get
those messages in sync if that's OK with you. If yes, should I use interwork
flag or interworking flag.

All those changes would make translating easier as identical messages get
merged in the master message catalog.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
SuSE Linux AG, Deutscherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany