Re: Quick question?

Sir Ace <chandleg@wizardsworks.org> writes:

> YaY a response..

Please send replies to the list, not just to me.  Thanks.

> I did the --disable-shared, and -static on everything, but it still links
> the end executables dynamically.
> What I am trying to do is build a port to the sh-4 platform.
> My cross compiler builds sh-4 elfs, but I can not run anything that is
> dynamically linked yet.
> I have a native compiler {static} and I am trying to get native binutils
> as well so I can actually start compiling on the target machine.
>
> Once I do that, then I can recompile the binutils on the target and leave
> them dynamic.  Once going on is I get a file not found every time I run a
> dynamic linked elf.

What is the exact error message?  When providing a bug report, never
paraphrase; always quote.

> I can't run ldd on them to see what they are linked against.
> my ldd is on the cross compiler machine so it can't read the sh-4 elfs,
> and my ldd for sh-4 is dynamic so I can't run it on the target.

You can get the same information from objdump -p.  Presumably you
would use a HOST-x-sh4-elf objdump for this.  What is the output of
objdump -p on the executables which fail to run?

Ian