Re: Quick question?

Sir Ace <chandleg@wizardsworks.org> writes:

> Attempt to get an answer #2
>
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Sir Ace wrote:
>

> >   Can you please tell me how to make the binutils package compile staticly
> > linked?  I edited the makefile and put:
> >

> > CFLAGS = -g -O2 -static
> > CXXFLAGS = -g -O2 -static
> >
> > LDFLAGS = -static
> >
> > But it doesn't work.

What doesn't work?  Your computer explodes?  The code doesn't compile?
It doesn't link?  It's still dynamically linked?  It's dynamically
linked against what libraries?

You could try using the --disable-shared option when you run
configure.  I haven't tried it.  It will probably still link
dynamically against libc.

Ian