Re: PPC XCOFF gas 2.11.2 will not parse gcc2.95.2 .stabx ___CTOR_LIST__

Len> I'm running on AIX5L and collect2 has the nasty habit of pulling in
Len> every g++ object in every archive on the command line.

	gcc-2.95 does not support AIX 5L.  Neither GNU as nor AIX as will
accept that line, but GCC probably is only generating that line because it
is confused by the configuration.

	The AIX assembler and linker are recommended for use with GCC.
Using GNU ld will not change collect2's behavior of pulling in all objects
because it has to assume that symbols may be garbage collected before it
finds constructors and destructors.

	GCC 3.0 in CVS, which eventually will be released as GCC 3.0.4,
should work with AIX 5L, if an AIX assembler patch is installed.

David