Re: Macros and K&R

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> so this begs the question: if gasp is (effectively) dead, cpp isn't
> functional enough, and m4 is overblown, what does that leave for someone
> who wants a macro assembler?  maybe it's time to dust off the gasp
> sources?

cpp is largely used, regardless of its disfunctionality.  The
extension .S (in contrast to .s) tells gcc to run cpp (or
equivalent) on the source before feeding it to gas.

And what's not covered by that, seems covered my .macro ...
.endm in gas.  I suggest having a look at the docs.  They're
even on-line (from 2.10) and seem to cover the .macro syntax.

brgds, H-P