BFD section content HELP

Hello everybody!
I have a problem with the BFD functions regarding the sections of a ELF32
file.
How can I set the fields in the asection structure? Let's suppose that I
have to create an object file from scratch. Suppose that I have raw data
(Program memory address + instruction) to be fitted inside a new section.
Which functions should I invoke or use to build an output section? Thanks a
lot Luigi and Fabrizio