Re: binutils is broken on ELF/mips (Re: binutils is broken on Linux/alpha)

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 03:03:48PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:11:48PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> > That is the fix I was referring to: arrange the gcc unwind mechanism
> > so that link-once sections are used properly.
>
> Can we actually do this without SHT_GROUP?  I'm not sure we can.

All that's needed in this particular case is some sort of relocation
referencing a symbol in the eh sections.  R_NONE might even do the
trick.  We'd need a new assembler pseudo-op if we want to generate
the relocs without adding rubbish in .text.

On the other hand, implementing section groups doesn't look all that
difficult.  Anybody have any ideas regarding the pseudo-op we should
use?  I'm inclined to extend .section

	.section sec_name,"axG",@progbits,group_name
	.section sec_name,"aMSG",@progbits,merge_size,group_name

perhaps the order of the merge entity size and the group should
depend on which of M or G is given first.

	.section sec_name,"aGMS",@progbits,group_name,merge_size

Alan