Re: Patch: mips gas reorg

Hi Eric,

> Here's a patch for the -march/mtune support. I extended HJ's original
> patch quite a bit and fixed some things therein.  Fixes a few of the
> tests.

Patch approved.

Note - I think that this is worthy of an entry in the gas/NEWS file.

Also it should be applied to the binutils-2_11 branch.

Plus I would recommend eliminating the blank lines in the testsuite
ChangeLog entry (assuming that you mailer did not put them there.

I assume that you have tested lost of MIPS variants - what shape are
they in at the moment ?  Do they all build ?  Do they all have
reasonable testsuite results ?