Re: Partial symbol export vs --export-dynamic

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 05:36:47PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:

> > In any case, I can implment it in linker if we all agree it is a
> > good thing to have.
>
> Hmm creeping featurism vs compatibility with other OS'es linkers...
>
> I think Hans-Peter is half way through some reorganisation in this
> area, so it would be a good idea to check with him, but in principle I
> have no objections to your adding this feature.

I said it based on Hans-Peter's work :-). It makes implementing this
feature much easier. Thanks, Hans-Peter.

I am planning to implment it similar to symbol versioning for DSO.
I may be able to extend symbol versioning to executables with the
help from Hans-Peter's work.

H.J.