Re: status porting kde2 - ld crashes

Hi Ralf,

> The current state on cpmpiling kde2 is, that kdesupport and kdecore are
> compiled, but while compiling kdeui the linker crashes after consuming 390
> MB RAM. I have looked in the source and found that it crashes in
> bfd_find_target() (see below).
>
> Do you have any ideas, what I can do ?

Presumably 'abfd' is NULL ?  bfd_find_target is not supposed to be
called with a NULL bfd parameter so it is the caller's fault that this
crash is happening.  Can you generate a stack backtrace for the even
and find out who the parents and grandparents are ?

It certainly sounds like a memory exhaustion problem, possibly from an
inifinite loop somewhere, so maybe the stack backtrace will show this
up as well.