Re: GNU ld under AIX

> Hello,
>
> I seem to recall some discussion about whether or not
> the latest CVS of GNU ld would support AIX, that it did,
> and that the top-level configure.in had not been updated
> to reflect that it currently worked.  Checking the latest
> CVS snapshot it appears that ld is still disabled under
> AIX (at the top level) so here's a patch.

Hello,

I think enabling in the top level configure is not enough, since the
public binutils are still broken for this platform. It seems, there are
patches in the IBM GNUpro version of binutils, which haven't made it into
the public sources yet (from my experience the assembler has more problems
than the (manually enabled at this time) linker).
I had the following conversation with Geoff Keating about this:

--
Franz Fehringer
ff@cys.de