Re: Wrong dynamic-linker used on Solaris 7/x86

On May 20, 2001, Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> wrote:

>> Even though it would cause GCC 3.0 to not work with GNU binutils 2.11?
> Yeah: we can always make a 2.11.1 release of binutils just prior to GCC 3.0
> coming out, if that would smooth the path at all.  (It looks like we'll
> probably end up doing so at about that time in any case, actually.)

Besides, we can probably add a test to disable the use of -I if we
detect an old-enough GNU ld at configure time.  It's not like the
current behavior is totally broken, it's generally only slightly less
efficient, disregarding this corner case that is hopefully going to be
fixed in Solaris libc soon.