Re: PATCH: bfd/som.c for R_COMMENT

  In message <E14mbIB-000055-00@urtur>you write:
  > This fixes the two strip test failures when testing with objects
  > built with the unbundled HP ANSI C compiler.
  > R_COMMENT and R_COMP3 have the same som_fixup_formats value, but as
  > far as I can see the subop value setup in the code below is unused
  > anyway else - so that that 'O' fixup_format case may be incomplete.
  >    The GPL-ed som-linker up at <http://www.thepuffingroup.com> has code for
  > supporting R_COMP? and R_COMMENT in lieu of a SOM manual.
  >
  > 2001-04-09  Rodney Brown  <RBrown64@csc.com.au>
  >
  > 	* som.c (som_set_reloc_info): Support R_COMMENT for HP C.
This can't be right -- the values in comp?_opcodes are specific to
R_COMP1, R_COMP2 and R_COMP3.  Trying to use them for R_COMMENT
make no sense at all.

In fact, given the transparent nature of R_COMMENT we may be
better off just saying there's 5 bytes of unknown data after the
R_COMMENT fixup request.

jeff