Re: Patch for readelf testsuite

alan@linuxcare.com.au (Alan Modra) writes:
> Something like the above really ought to be put some place in
> a function where it can be used by other tests (gas and ld too).  There
> are quite a few places where we want a "is this target elf?" test, and it
> would be nice to have just one place to update for odd targets.

Or N, where (N << the number of targets), if one isn't possible.

it'd probably be reasonable to put a common function like that in:

gas/testsuite/lib/gas-defs.exp
binutils/teststuite/lib/utils-lib.exp
ld/testsuite/lib/ld-lib.esp

it'd be nice if there were a single place in the 'binutils' tree that
had it, but it's not clear that it'd be good to put such a function
_in_ dejagnu (very annoying to have to update dejagnu, for some
people)...  and if there's no great global solution, individual local
ones would be nice...

cgd