Re: [patch] forwarded exports for dlltool

On Sun, Feb 11, 2001 at 04:20:55PM +0100, Eric Kohl wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I wrote a patch for dlltool that implements forwarded exports. It was made
>for binutils-2.9.4, but I have been told that the patch can be applied to a
>current snapshot very easily. Please have a look at the paths before you
>apply the patch.
>
>What are forwarded exports?
>Forwarded exports are aliases in one dll that point to an exported function
>of another dll. For example:
>
>    EXPORT
>    EnterCriticalSection=NTDLL.RtlEnterCriticalSection
>
>This is an excerpt from a .def-file of the ReactOS project (kernel32.edf).
>An application that calls EnterCriticalSection() in kernel32.dll will now
>call RtlEnterCriticalSection() in ntdll.dll instead.

I tried applying this to the CVS version of binutils.  There was one
patch reject, which was pretty easy to fix.  The resulting executable
parsed the def file without error but the stub library does not seem to
include the string NTDLL in it anywhere and an attempt to run a program
linked with the library gives the standard Windows error about a missing
procedure entry point.

So, I think you're going to have to apply your patch to the CVS version
of binutils and test it before we can accept it.

cgf