Re: add vtable relocs for Alpha

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 10:41:14AM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> > > Richard, in which way should it be rewritten?  What should be done in
> > > general with new targets?
> >
> > It should be rewritten to not use relocation entries.  Using
> > relocation entries requires changes to every single ELF target file.
> >
> > Instead, the vtable information should be stored in special sections.
> > The linker should read the information out of those sections.  This
> > can be done in generic code in elflink.[ch].
>
> Exactly.

Can you be more specific on what should be done? I'm currently enabling
C++ support on x86-64 and I would be interested in doing this in a generic
way, if it's possible. So, if you can explain to me what should be done, I
can spend some time on it.

Bo.

--

     Bo Thorsen                 |   Lahnsgade 31, st.
     Free software developer    |   5000 Odense C