Re: Problem with _bfd_elf_find_nearest_line on ia64

Hi!

>The problem is somewhere else. It turns out _bfd_dwarf2_find_nearest_line may
>not find the function name. I moved the part of _bfd_elf_find_nearest_line to
>elf_find_function and used it to find the function name if it is not found
>by _bfd_dwarf2_find_nearest_line. Any comments?

If I understand your problem & patch, _bfd_dwarf2_find_nearest_line() returns
true but does not fill out the function name.

This is possible if it finds the line number, but not the function name.
My feeling is that it is possible only if you have some inconsistency
either between .debug_line/.debug_info sections, or, when these two sections
are parsed.

My fear is that your fix is probably hidding a problem in the dwarf2 reader.

	Stephane

Stephane |Sun Microsystems			|
 Carrez	 |Network Service Provider Division	| http://www.sun.com
	 |6 avenue Gustave Eiffel		|
	 |F-78182, St-Quentin-en-Yvelines-Cedex |

email: Stephane.Carrez@France.Sun.COM