Re: Patch: updates for ARC

Hi Peter,

: Please find attached updates for the ARC port. The major changes include
: options and directives to select core variants, new instructions for all
: versions, plus directives in the assembler to add extension instructions,
: registers etc.. - a major feature of the core. Early documentation is also
: added.
:
: The patches have been broken down into the following parts: gas-testsuite/,
: gas/, bfd/, opcodes/ ,include/ ,binutils/ in the tar file. Each directory
: contains the ChangeLog's and patches.

I have now applied these patches to the sources.

I have a pending GDB patch that will allow GDB to compile with these
changes.

Please note - when you added the new machine numbers to bfd/bfd-in2.h
you failed to add them to bfd/archures.c as well.  I took care of
this.

Also note - the GNU Coding Standard was not followed in quite a few
files, especially the files in opcodes.  I have fixed a few problems
and I am sure that Kazu Hirata will fix lots more, but it would be
appreciated in any patches you submit in the future could adhere to
the standard.