Re: 64 bit BFD configuration failure on hpux-11.0

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Markus Werle wrote:

> Maybe I missed something, but configuring binutils
> for --host=hppa64-hp-hpux11.00
> I obtain configure warnings and compile errors:
>
> configure: warning: You have requested a 64 bit BFD configuration, but
> configure: warning: your compiler may not have a 64 bit integral type

binutils currently isn't very clever at detecting whether your compiler
supports a 64 bit integral type, either as "long" or "long long".  In
fact, the configure scripts don't even try to test your compiler to find
out, mainly because historically vendor support for "long long" hasn't
been that reliable.  You may either compile and install gcc, or patch
bfd/configure yourself to supply the missing values for BFD_HOST_64_BIT
and BFD_HOST_U_64_BIT.

Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.