Re: to XFAIL or not to XFAIL

   Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:51:47 -0400
   From: DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>

   If we had a third case, say KFAIL, for "known to fail but ignore it
   anyway," I'd be happy to go along with your policy.  Using XFAIL for
   both "ignore until later" and "impossible to fix on this target" makes
   it difficult to assess the overall quality of the software.

Agreed.

Note that the binutils testsuite is so radically incomplete that it
should not be used to assess overall quality in any case.

Ian