assembly directives

Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for more
information on assembler directives. I have seen the assembler directive
documentation on this sight, but  I'm looking for more info and possibly
examples on how to use them.(possibly even names of textbooks?)

Thanx.

Regards,

John Spahr
Embedded Processor Division