Re: Backed it out (Improvements to section to segment mapping)

Hi H.J.,

: I backed out your patch since it breaks stripping dyamic binaries
: under Linux/ia32.

Please do not do this.  If there is a problem with a checked in patch
please report it to the list.  If we (those interested in binutils)
then decide that the problem cannot be fixed, or that the patch was
basically wrong, then the patch can be backed out, but not before.

As it turns out my patch was basically OK, it just had a bug in it.  I
have now fixed this bug and restored the code (with the bug fix
applied).

: I am enclosing a testcase here.

Thank you for that.  I was able to reproduce the problem and develop a
fix.