Re: Unique section ids

Hi Guys,

:   > Why can't you append the section name and input file name ?  That way
:   > the (extended) local names would stay the same even if the link order
:   > is changed on the command line, something that would not happen with
:   > your unique section id scheme...
:
: You'll need full paths, not just the input file name -- ie, it is possible
: to have "foobar.o" appear multiple times like
:
: gcc -o blah foobar.o frob/foobar.o
:
: Which brings up questions like what are valid characters -- filenames could
: have embedded spaces, control chars, etc etc.

Bah humbug!

You are right though.  The scheme would also fail to produce
comparable binaries if the build tree were moved to a different
location.

: I mildly prefer the sequence #s approach.  But I can live with either.

Sequence IDs seem to be the simpler solution overall, so lets go with
that.  Alan - I assume that you will submit a full blown patch ?