Re: Minor changes in generic files for MIPS versioning support

Hi Ulf,

: First I have to add four variables to the elf_obj_tdata structure.
: The problem is that I need one virtual text section and one virtual
: data section per BFD now.  The symbol versioning is somewhat picky
: about this and will not allow me to reuse the same section symbol.
: This would affect elf-bfd.h like this:
:
: Index: elf-bfd.h
: ===================================================================
: RCS file: /cvs/src/src/bfd/elf-bfd.h,v
: retrieving revision 1.21
: diff -p -r1.21 elf-bfd.h
: *** elf-bfd.h	2000/04/24 07:55:09	1.21
: --- elf-bfd.h	2000/06/16 23:28:27
: *************** struct elf_obj_tdata
: *** 845,850 ****
: --- 845,857 ----
:        symbols.  */
:     boolean bad_symtab;
:
: +   /* The Irix 5 support uses two virtual sections, which represent
: +      text/data symbols defined in dynamic objects.  */
: +   asymbol *elf_data_symbol;
: +   asymbol *elf_text_symbol;
: +   asection *elf_data_section;
: +   asection *elf_text_section;
: +
:     /* Records the result of `get_program_header_size'.  */
:     bfd_size_type program_header_size;

This seems to be OK.  I would suggest adding the new fields at the end
of the structure, rather than in the middle.  (Just from general
paranoia principles, not for any specific reason).

: The second thing I have to do is to add a new argument with a pointer
: bfd_link_info in elf_backend_hide_symbol.  For MIPS we have to
: increase the number of local GOT entries when we hide a symbol and
: that information is stored in the section data for the GOT section.  I
: will send a patch for this if it's OK.

Sure.

(Note - I am still new at all of this, so if I saying something is OK,
and then it later turns out that I was wrong, please forgive me :-)