New cross toolchain development utility...

Greetings.

It seems that every couple of weeks someone is asking about building a
toolchain, blah, blah, blah. I myself had a brain fart earlier this week
when I forgot to apply a patch. I also want to be able to keep my toolchain
up to date when a new kernel is released (especially since I am keeping up
with the development series). So, I decided to write a kind of smart build
utility that builds an entire ARM toolchain from start to finish,
automatically applies patches at the right time and provides logging and
informative messages. The fruits of my labor are attached below. I would be
interested in knowing how it works for everyone. I see no reason why it
cannot be used for other targets as well.

Also, I have included in the archive the stage1 and stage3 patches for GCC
that were made up of patches by Phil Blundell. If you do a diff between the
two patches you'll see the only change is the -Dinhibit hack. Let me know
how it works for everyone. I tested this with the following:

  binutils-2.10-rc3
  gcc-2.95.2
  glibc-2.1.3 (with crypt and linuxthread ad-ons)
  linux-2.4.0-test1 (with Russell King and personal patches)

I compiled working kernels and applications that ran perfectly. Cheers.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: 'finger sjhill@mail.cotw.com'