This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld -r breakage
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at zembu dot com>
- Subject: Re: ld -r breakage
- From: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 19:12:53 +1000 (EST)
- cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at cygnus dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On 14 Jun 2000, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Any recollection about this comment Ian?
> /* Text section is write protected (if D_PAGED is not set, this is
> like an a.out NMAGIC file) (the linker sets this by default, but
> clears it for -r or -N). */
> #define WP_TEXT 0x80
> This is an a.out thing, really. In a.out, section flags are implied
> by the magic number.
And vice versa. Since OMAGIC should be used for object files, we
ought to continue to clear config.text_read_only for "ld -r".
=> WP_TEXT cleared in ldlang.c:ldlang_open_output
=> o_magic selected in aoutx.h:adjust_sizes_and_vmas
I've checked in the fix I posted earlier.
Regards, Alan Modra
Linuxcare. Support for the Revolution.