Re: Execution Error or SREC error?

Hi Basil,

: Convert to SREC format:
:
: mips-elf-objcopy -O file file.srec

I think that this may be your problem.  As far as I know objcopy does
not convert file formats based on filename extensions, instead it uses
the -O switch (with an argument) to select the desired file format.
The above command, it would appear, takes as its input a file caleld
'file.srec' and converts it to a object file format called 'file'
(which I do not belive is one supportedc by BFD, so I would have
expected to see an error message here) and then overwrites the file
'file.srec' with its output.

As an alternative command line I would recommend:

  mips-elf-objcopy -O srec file file.srec

The only other possibility that I see is that SREC files are in ASCII
format, not binary, so perhaps during one of your file transfers you
are accidentally adding extra carriage returns or line feeds to the
ends of the lines, which is then confusing the SREC loader on the
R3000.