Re: A patch for configure

On May 18, 2000, "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:

> How about this one?

It still uses test ... -a ...

> My goal is people who are not familiar with gcc can build the whole
> thing with little confusion.

I doubt people who are not familiar with gcc will have glibc installed
in a non-standard location :-)

Do you know of anybody other than you that has ever encountered the
problem you describe?  Just curious :-)

> People like you can always work around this annoying feature without
> much trouble.

Indeed.  So can people like you.  That's why I'm still a bit unsure
about whether this patch should result in a hard error by default.
I'm more inclined to a warning message followed by a `sleep 30', or
the testing or a variable such as `$enable_target_dir_sanity_checking
!= no', so that someone can skip this test with
--disable-target-dir-sanity-checking.  What do you think?

--
Alexandre Oliva    Enjoy Guaranį, see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com