Re: XCOFF64 bfd changes

   Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:44:33 -0500
   From: Clinton Popetz <cpopetz@cygnus.com>

   These are the XCOFF64 support changes for bfd and gas.  This addresses Ian's
   comments about 8.3 compliance, not having #ifdefs in include/coff/*, and not
   doing includes of coff-rs6000.c.  It also adds -a64 to trigger xcoff64
   generation, for compliance with the native assembler.  This required
   hacking as.c to allow md_parse_option to supercede the default handling of
   -a.  I don't know if that's kosher; I didn't see a cleaner way.

Thanks for making these changes.

I think changing as.c is OK, but I think you need to add a comment
explaining the call.

   Many of the changes not present in the last version of this patch are just
   making static functions in coff-rs6000.c global.

I'd like to ask for one more change.  Please change the names of the
non-static functions so that they start with `_bfd_'.  Ideally all
externally visible symbols in libbfd should start with `bfd' or
`_bfd'.  That is not currently the case, but I'd like to avoid adding
more.

With these changes, this patch is OK with me.  As far as I'm
concerned, you don't have to send it out again, unless somebody else
has comments.

Ian