Re: Revised m68k gas relaxing patch

Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this is the best name for this option.

Can you think of a better name? I thought of -pcrel or --pcrel because people
would give this option to as when they use gcc -mpcrel (as -mpcrel won't work
because as treats everything starting with -m as a CPU type specification).

> Also, it
> should start with two dashes.

Actually, all options of this type will be accepted by as with either one or
two hyphens, I just wrote it as -pcrel in the comments. But now that you've
told me I'll write it as --pcrel or whatever we decide the name will be.

I'm now going to submit three separate patches as you've told me to do in
private. They will be in this order:

1. Fix -l handling (because it's a serious bug).
2. Remove bogus CPU type checks (because it's a bug but not a serious one).
3. Add --pcrel or whatever we decide to call it (because it's a new feature).

They will be best applied in this order and #3 will have to be applied after
#1, but #2 may go out of order, although it may not apply clean then.

The patches will follow now.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)