Re: patch to fix nm.c(print_object_filename_bsd) on FreeBSD

Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> wrote:

> Michael Sokolov reports that nm -go on BSD4.3 doesn't print the file
> name separately, and I just confirmed that on SunOS as well.  So it
> sounds like the BSD nm changed behaviour at some point.  I don't know
> when, though.

It was this delta in nm.c:

D 5.1 89/09/10 17:47:01 bostic 12 11
new version from Hans Huebner
hans@garp.mit.edu, huebner@db0tui6.BITNET

(from CSRG's master SCCS tree, which I have inherited from Marshall Kirk
McKusick together with 4.3BSD maintainership.)

This delta is in 4.3BSD-Reno and subsequent releases along the RENOvation
branch (Net/2 and 4.4BSD). It is not in the 4.3BSD-Quasijarus (aka True Pure
4.3BSD) branch, which I'm maintaining, as I'm not including anything that
deviates from 4.3BSD.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)