Re: How to stop --gc-sections nukeing all sections?

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 06:57:34PM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> The important thing seems to be to have an exception table which maps
> text addresses to fixup addresses, and which permits fast lookup by
> text address.  Presumably it is desirable to keep this table out of
> line of the main code, and it is desirable to not have to initialize
> it at boot time.

Yep.  If I'd had function reordering in mind at the time,
I'd just sort the section after linking in the binary.

Something to ponder when such a tool actually exists.  I
don't think section gc will actually do much, and isn't
worth worrying about.

r~