Re: GNU linker and Function stubs on mips.

   Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 19:16:47 -0700
   From: Koundinya K <knk@dde.dk>

   I think if info->shared is true and either  of these flag are set for the symbol

   o Symbol has a non-weak reference from a non-shared object
   o Symbol is defined by a non-shared object
   o Symbol is referenced by a non-shared object

   then the GOT entry for this symbol should be zero.

I think the kind of reference will matter.  If all references are via
function calls, then quickstart would suggest a non-zero value.  If at
least reference is not via a function call, then quickstart would
suggest a zero value.

Ian