Re: New member of the Dutch team

   From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_Pinard?= <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca>
   Date: 22 Feb 2000 23:15:33 -0500

   It normally works this way.  The maintainer decides when the time comes to
   initiate a translation cycle for his package.  This often corresponds to
   the production of a pretest release.  At that time, the maintainer sends
   the URL of that pretest distribution to me.  I use a script which fetches
   the distribution and extract from it the single POT file it contains
   -- this has not been a problem so far, as all pretests that we handle
   contain exactly one POT file.  That POT file is canonicalised and made
   available to the translators, after merged in previous translations if any.
   The pretest URL is also publicised to translators.  (At some later time,
   the maintainer will be able to trigger the robot into these operations
   without going through me -- the main reason it is not possible yet is for
   ascertaining the maintainer identity, somewhat).

Well, I have no idea when we will produce a binutils release, so I
have no idea when it would be appropriate to initiate a translation
cycle.  Presumably not now, nor any time soon.  When and if we start a
release cycle, release snapshots will be available from the web page.

For better or worse, a binutils release has six POT files.  After all,
the binutils include both several independent programs and a couple of
libraries.

Ian