Re: binutils development (was Re: Problems building binutils-000220 snapshot)

  In message <20000222201401.7528.qmail@daffy.airs.com>you write:
  >    Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:24:14 -0800
  >    From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
  >
  >    > I willing to clean the demangling patch up and break it down. I even h
  > ave
  >    > the corresponding patches that need to be made to gdb. Without these p
  > atches,
  >    > the changes to libiberty break gdb.
  >
  >    Well, the problem is even if you send a patch, it doesn't mean it
  >    will be accepted in gcc. I am looking for someone who can make it
  >    happen. However, I don't see it will happen anytime soon given the
  >    current gcc situation.
  >
  > I'm not on the gcc mailing lists.  What is the current gcc situation?
  > I see lots of recent patches in the ChangeLog file from lots of
  > different people.
FWIW, I no longer even look at patches from HJ.  I've simply given up
trying to get him to produce patches in a form that we can use.

Of course we have a number of people that are authorized to review patches,
so I'm not a single point of failure.

jeff