Re: Trivial patch for elf.sc in ld.

> Date: 27 Sep 1999 21:23:26 -0400
> From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com>
> CC: rth@cygnus.com, binutils@sourceware.cygnus.com
>
>    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:11:24 +1000
>    From: Geoff Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>
>
>    I think this is really self-explanatory.  OK to commit?
>
>    Wed Sep 22 12:42:36 1999  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@cygnus.com>
>
> 	   * scripttempl/elf.sc (.sdata): Include .gnu.linkonce.s.* sections
> 	   in .sdata too.
>
> This only makes sense if the compiler has been modified to generate
> such sections.
>
> Note that for the other linkonce sections the default ELF linker
> script uses names like .gnu.linkonce.d*.  That is, it does not assume
> a dot after the 'd'.
>
> If the compiler generates .gnu.linkonce sections for .sdata sections,
> and the trailing dot is correct, then I have no objection to this
> patch.

It does seem to be correct.  From gcc/config/mips/elf.h:

    { ".text.", ".gnu.linkonce.t." },                                      \
    { ".rodata.", ".gnu.linkonce.r." },                                    \
    { ".data.", ".gnu.linkonce.d." },                                      \
    { ".sdata.", ".gnu.linkonce.s." }                                      \

and similarly in gcc/config/elfos.h.  So the dot is always there.
Probably the other places should have the dot too, in case we ever run
out of letters, but it's not exactly an urgent problem...

OK, I'll commit it.

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>