Problem linking Sun v9 libs

Hi,

I use binutils 2.9.1 to link a gcc-compiled program (2.95.1) to the
optimised libm routines provided by Sun (Workshop 5.0).

This works fine if I use the libm for the v8 architecture, but linking to
routines for the v9 gives "File format not recognized".

Is there a workaround for this problem, other than going back to Sun ld?

On a related note, will there be a new binutils release in the near future?
You can't use 2.9.1 in combination with gcc 2.95.1's
option -mcpu=ultrasparc, and I don't feel too comfortable about using
possibly unstable snapshots.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Bienstman