Assembler problem(?) when compiling SysVinit.

Hi!

(I'm not sure if this is the right mailinglist to ask this question,
but I don't know any other place to ask. As a matter of fact, I'm not
even sure the assembler is the problem..)

I've builded native Linux binutils an native linux gcc-2.95 from a
Cygwin cross-compiler. When I'm tring to compile SysVinit-2.77,
I get this message:

$ make
gcc -c -Wall -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE init.c
init.c: In function `console_open':
init.c:478: warning: `fd' might be used uninitialized in this function
init.c: In function `check_pipe':
init.c:1757: Invalid `asm' statement:
init.c:1757: fixed or forbidden register 2 (cx) was spilled for class
CREG.
init.c: In function `check_init_fifo':
init.c:1964: Invalid `asm' statement:
init.c:1964: fixed or forbidden register 2 (cx) was spilled for class
CREG.
make: *** [init.o] Error 1

At this lines (1757 and 1964) the program calls a macro called FD_SET.

Is this a bug in the assembler or gcc-2.95? A error in my setup?
An error in SysVinit?

I also get the same kind of error message when I'm trying to cross-
compile the SysVinit on the Cygwin computer.

Thanks,
-Øystein

BTW: I'm using glibc-2.0