Re: Patch to allow ELF backends to add their own command line switches

   Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:19:33 +0100
   From: Nick Clifton <nickc@cygnus.com>

     I would like to submit the following patch for approval.  It adds
     code to the default ELF linker script (ld/emultempl/elf.sc) so that
     individual ELF targets can have their own command line switches,
     without being forced to create (and maintain) their own linker
     scripts.

     I wanted this feature for the mcore-elf port, where I want to add an
     mcore specific linker switch.

This patch is fine with me, and it's certainly better than having more
emulation files along the lines of armelf.em and hppaelf.em.

It would also be fine with me to use a #ifdef in elf32.em, since I
don't expect too many ports will need this functionality.

Since ELF is the most important target, perhaps we should think about
moving some of the code in elf32.em into another file, like pe-dll.c.

Ian