Re: MIPS/ELF linker

    Ian> Since this symbol is in the reserved name space, it's OK for
    Ian> the linker to define it magically.  It's no more buggy for an
    Ian> executable to use the symbol _DYNAMIC_LINK without a
    Ian> definition than it is for an executable to use the symbol
    Ian> __program_header_table without a definition.

That's true, from an ANSI C point of view.  But, it's not true from a
system-specific point of view.  Some systems have well-known entry
points beginnning with `_'.  It seems unncessary to deal with this
_DYNAMIC_LINK trick on systems that don't need it; hence the
suggestion that the linker script is the place for it.

But, as you say, I'm not quite sure how to do that; I'll just restore
the original handling of this code.