Re: DJGPP and alignment

   From: John Marshall <John_W_Marshall@palm.com>
   Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:23:26 -0700 (PDT)

   I've been adding a collect-sections-to-make-data kind of thing to
   m68kcoff (it does the same sort of job as .rel.sdata in mipsecoff:
   loadtime relocations for data sections).  My data is 10 byte records.
   It seems I have three choices:

   1.  Admit defeat and pad each record to 12 bytes.
   2.  Override coff_new_section_hook like in coff-sh.c.
   3.  Add yet another special case for my little section to
       coff_new_section_hook in coffcode.h.

   Is there any advice as to the "right way"?  At the moment I'm using #2,
   but it feels like overkill, and, for a bfd neophyte like me, it took ages
   to figure out.  I feel like maybe the "spirit of coff" is #1.

I think the right way is choice 2, as you are doing.

Actually, I think the right way is to switch to ELF, which permits the
alignment to be specified on a section by section basis.

Ian