Re: Support for SPARC STT_REGISTER

On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 02:45:30PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Anyway, here is the new patch, which I hope works as the ABI requires, at
> least to the extent I have tested so far.

Ian, you started revewing this.  May I assume you'll finish?

I think it's ok.  Kinda gross, having to do those sorts of
things with the symbols, but the problem is kinda gross too
so I don't think there's a way around it.

> BTW: The change of DT_SPARC_REGISTER from 0x70000001 to 0x7000001 is not a
> typo on my part, I suppose Sparc International made a typo in SYSV sparc64
> ABI supplement but it got implemented like that into Solaris 7 linker :(, so
> I guess we have to keep it compatible.

Jakub, did you contact Steve Chessin about this?  Surely we
can get them to ack the bug and patch the linker.

r~