Re: Your change to ldlang.c

   Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 23:51:39 -0700 (PDT)
   From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)

   > Seems easy enough, but guess I'm missing something?
   >
   >     Ian> Until quite recently (February 1999), .reginfo sections were
   >     Ian> not marked as LINK_ONCE, and they were instead handled in the
   >     Ian> emultempl file.  The special handling was removed by this
   >     Ian> patch:
   >
   > I see.  If I can't persuade you that my interpretation of
   > SEC_LINK_ONCE is the One True Way :-), then may we revert this change?

   I believe this change is needed for Linux/MIPS. Check with the
   Linux/MIPS people before reverting it.

Actually, it was the Linux/MIPS people who suggested using LINK_ONCE
for .reginfo.  Once that is done, the change to elf32.em becomes no
longer necessary (modulo concerns about ld -r).  That is why they took
it out--not because they needed the change, but because other changes
they made meant that that code was no longer needed.

Ian