Re: Fail in ld test on CVS binutils

   Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:31:05 -0700
   From: Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net>

   I'm building a development system on a RedHat 5.2 box, which comes with
   egcs-1.0.3 on it.  The make check fails on:

   Running /gnu/src/binutils/ld/testsuite/ld-selective/selective.exp ...
   gcc -w -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections
   -B/home/jbailey/build.binutils/ld
   /tmpdir/gas/ -I/gnu/src/binutils/ld/testsuite/ld-selective -g -O2 -c
   /gnu/src/bi
   nutils/ld/testsuite/ld-selective/1.c -o tmpdir/1.o
   cc1: Invalid option `-fdata-sections'
   ERROR: /gnu/src/binutils/ld/testsuite/ld-selective/1.c: compilation failed
   UNRESOLVED: selective1
   testcase /gnu/src/binutils/ld/testsuite/ld-selective/selective.exp
   completed in
   0 seconds

   -fdata-sections wasn't added until September last year, I don't know tcl
   at all, but is it possible to exclude that test on gcc systems that
   wouldn't have that in it yet?

Yeah, that's probably the thing to do.  I haven't bothered with it; it
needs to get fixed before the next release, but who knows when that
will be.  Does anybody have a patch for it?

Ian