Re: PATCH for N32 ABI

This is a combine reply to both Richard and Ian.  I've marked each
persons comments appropriately.

    >> /* Common symbols less than the GP size are automatically
    >> treated as SHN_MIPS_SCOMMON symbols.  */ - if (asym->value >
    >> elf_gp_size (abfd)) + if (asym->value > elf_gp_size (abfd) + ||
    >> IRIX_COMPAT (abfd) == ict_irix6)

    Richard> Might do to update the comment here.

Done.

    >> + return ((value + 0x8000LL) >> 16) & 0xffff;

    Richard> Can't use L or U or LL in K&R C.

Right.  Oops.  I'll just right the numbers without the suffixes, and
cast them to (bfd_vma).

    >> +static bfd_vma +mips_elf_higher (value) + bfd_vma value; +{ +
    >> return ((value + 0x80008000LL) >> 32) & 0xffff;

    Richard> Does this make sense without BFD64?

No.  I'll treat that like the next case, where we require BFD64.

    >> +#if 0 + rel = relocs; + for (; rel < relend; rel++)

    Richard> I don't like leaving all that if 0 code there.  Just
    Richard> delete it.  That's what revision control is for.

I had thought to leave it in, just for about a week or so, until I
finish the N64 support; that way when someone complains I broke
something it will be easy to see what I did.  But, what the heck, I'll
make a copy of the file and pull it out.

    Ian> I assume you tested ld -r.

It does not work yet on IRIX6.  But, that's due to generic issues in
elflink.h relating to assumptions about only have either rel or rela
relocations, but not both.  I'll fix this after putting this batch of
code in.

    Ian> This struct should probably have a comment.

Done.

    Ian> This function needs a comment.

Done.

I'll put in the patch with these changes.