Re: (fixed patch) pe-dll fix for exporting common symbols

Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com> writes:

> The linker lays out common symbols in lang_common in ld/ldlang.c.
>
> I believe the code you are patching is run in the after_open emulation
> routine, which is before the linker has laid out common symbols.  By
> the time of the before_allocation emulation routine, the linker will
> have laid out the common symbols (see lang_process or ldint.texinfo).
> Assuming you are not doing a relocateable link, there should be no
> more bfd_link_hash_common symbols after that point.

Thank you! I believe you just pointed me to the correct fix. The problem
is that currently the i386-pe ld is trying to write out the export
table in after_open, hence there are actually symbols with
bfd_link_hash_common, and things are going haywire. I'll redo it so that
it's done in ldemul_finish instead.

Regards,
Mumit