Re: adding rpath to existing executable

>    Is there a simple way to add an RPATH to an already existing
>    executable using binutils?  (this is on i386 elf)
>
> No.

Ok, let me ask this in a different way ;-)

Is there a _complicated_ way to add an RPATH to an already existing
executable using binutils?

I looked at libbfd for half an hour, and it seems like I could just
read the executable file using bfd_openr and friends, add the rpath to
the private data and write it back. But I find it hard to believe that
nobody else has had a need for such a program before.

Is libbfd capable of doing this or is more trickery involved that I am
not aware of?

Kasper